who I was at the time

who I was at the time

Postby whitey on Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:16 am

I served as an enlisted man during the years 1960 thru 1964 as an electicians mate. My first duty station was aboard USS Delta AR9 before going to em school. The rest of my tour was spent aboard USS Black DD666 . Those serving aboard her during those years did two westpac tours and spent a lot of time in the Tonkin Gulf.... prior to any official engagement in the Vietnam war.. :x . My rack was aft port side against the hull about halfway to the machine shop. I served with a bunch of great guys and enjoyed steaming in foriegn ports. I was also one of those oddballs that loved going to sea, Unlike many of my brownbagger friends who had serious ties ashore. I was pretty average in most respects, I hailed from the Pacific Northwest and the Navy was my first "close" encounter with folks from all over the country. I'm sure that was true for most of us. My memory for names is not the greatest. I'll try to come up with some and come back to edit this... Zimmerman is one that comes to mind. ( Billings, Mont.?) SchlemelbecK ? Robert Gilmore ( from USS Delta) If these names ring a bell give me an email at magee.c.aiki@gmail.com
Carl Magee
whitey

Return to Introduce Yourself