bob smith

bob smith

Postby bob smith on Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:28 am

i served on the black from 1965 to 1967. i was a sm3 when i left .

After the navy I went to work for Johnson and Johnson. While working for J & J I went back to school and got my degree. I also got married and my wife and I had two children. I worked for J&J for 35 yrs and I am now retired.

My wife and I have been married for 40 years. We moved to Arizona to be near our children and grandchildren. We have 5 grandchildren.

Bob
bob smith

Re: bob smith

Postby jackobsc on Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:31 am

Nice to hear from you, Bob. I also served in BLACK about the same time as you did as the Chief Engineer. After BLACK I stayed in for about 20 years retiring as a CDR in 1984. Worked for BOSCH in Charleston, SC until 2003 and am enjoying retirement immensely. I am in close contact with Bill O'Brien, the Supply Officer during part of your BLACK tour, who also lives in the Charleston area. I also hear from John Minnott, CIC officer, who is living in San Clemente, CA. John is a semi-retired attorney.

I attended the BLACK reunion in Boston a few years ago and had a great time. If you have an opportunity to attend a future reunion I'd highly recommend doing so.

Jack O'Brien
jackobsc

Return to Introduce Yourself